We’ve been getting questions about our next release. I can’t make any specific commitments to when our next release is scheduled or what will be in it because making announcements about future features/functionality can cause problems with how you recognize revenue. I can say that our product management and engineering teams are committed to delivering updates to QuickBase and, more specifically, to building features that are visible and helpful to you…our customers.
While we’re on the topic of our evolution, let me share some of the great changes we’ve made in recent months.
1. In the last year we have doubled our engineering team’s size and are continuing to hire incredible talent. These additional engineers are helping us make significant improvements in less visible areas of the system, including:
- Improving infrastructure and security to handle growth
- Integrating and adapting to innovations in hardware and software
- Creating development tools for software developers and more technical application creators
2. We’ve reorganized and reinvested in the sales and support sides of the business. Specific examples include:
- We’ve doubled the size of the support team to help ensure your support experience keeps up with the growth in our customer base, and
- We have re-engineered many of the tools we use to support our customers.
Both these items are focused on helping us drive a more delightful customer experience and it seems to be working as the results of the survey we do with each case continue to get better. In fact, lately we’ve been getting some responses like “Support was excellent” and “Speedy solution. Really appreciated it!” so we know we’re on the right track.
We are committed to evolving QuickBase and, as a 5 year veteran of the QuickBase team, I can tell you it’s a blast being on the QuickBase team these days because of the great team growth and big improvements we’re making.