Last night TechCrunch announced that Coghead, a startup that built an online database, is going out of business. Personally, I’m sorry to hear about it. I’ve met some of the Coghead team and they are a smart, entreprenuerial team. This is an important class of applications and there is a lot of opportunity, but in this environment it’s very hard to be a startup dependent on outside funding. Today, I definitely feel lucky to be a part of Intuit, to be profitable, and to be the #1 player in the online database world. For QuickBase I certainly feel that everything is a little harder in this economic environment but this news certainly reminds us to be thankful about what is working.
Based on this news we thought about what Coghead users, partners, and employees will do. Here’s what we can offer:
- For Customers: We recognize that you need to move fast to replace Coghead and if you’re anything like QuickBase users, your apps are critical to your business. To help ease the transition we’re offering:
- Six months of free service to get started. We’d like you to be able to focus on getting your business transitioned and not covering a monthly subscription.
- Two hours of free consulting with a member of our QuickBase Business Consultant Program who can help rebuild your application in QuickBase
- Unlimited support
- Lastly, we will be offering webinars specifically for Coghead customers where we talk about QuickBase and discuss transition issues.
- You can visit our web page for the offer here.
- For Partners: For those of you who have built businesses around Coghead we’d like to offer participation in either our QuickBase Business Consultant Program or our Intuit Partner Platform.
- The QuickBase Consultant Program is perfect for Solution Providers who are good at working with customers to solve their unique problems with QuickBase. For customers you bring with you we will honor our 20% revenue sharing and we are working to organize a special free QuickBase training class specifically for partners coming from Coghead. As a QuickBase Business Consultant you’ll also be eligible to participate in our lead share program. If you are interested in the QuickBase Business Consultant Program please either apply directly to the program, or email darren_levy at intuit.com.
- The Intuit Partner Platform (IPP) is designed for Independent Software Vendors that want to build SaaS businesses targeting Intuit’s 4M small businesses. Like Coghead, IPP uses Adobe Flex for the User Interface so you should find some familiar tools. If you are interested in the Intuit Partner Platform, apply here, or contact alex_barnett at intuit.com.
- For Employees: Any Coghead employee who is interested can submit a resume to Intuit and we will do our best to get it in front of all the relevant hiring managers either inside or outside of the QuickBase team. Please send your resumes to sally_russell at intuit.com.
I wish Paul and his team the best and I hope we can help.