Reply to comment
The API enables you to do all of the following:
- Add records
- Edit existing records
- Change permissions on a QuickBase application
- Get and modify the schema of an application
- Change the properties of a field
- Find database IDs by database name
- Clone a database
- Get records one at time or by executing queries
- Delete records
- Manage Users and Roles
For documentation on the API, you can refer to our API reference at http://www.quickbase.com/api-guide/index.html
In order to help you understand what areas of the document to look at first, here are some pointers to the specific APIs you will want to investigate:
- If you are interested in using the API to add records, you should look at the API_AddRecord and API_GenAddRecordForm sections of the document.
- If you are interested in using the API to edit records, you should look at the API_EditRecord section of the document.
- If you are interested in using the API to pull data from an existing QuickBase you can use any of the following APIs:
- There are also many API calls you can make to modify QuickBase applications (e.g. adding and removing fields. editing field properties and setting permissions).
Also, as you look to using the API, here are some pointers to additional KnowledgeBase articles that might help you.
- One classic use of the API is to build "Formula URL" fields that administrators add to forms so end users can quickly accomplish adding or editing records. For examples on how to do this, you can reference the following KnowledgeBase articles:
- If you want to build web applications on top of QuickBase that have a customized look and feel, here is an additional KnowledgeBase articles you can reference that will help you understand the possibilities:
- If you are considering using the API to automate back-end processes (e.g. nightly updates of data), you will need to be sure to review the APIs that authenticate and sign out users (e.g. the API_Authenticate and API_SignOut calls). These APIs must be called before any other automated API calls can be made. Additionally, here are some KnowledgeBase article that might be helpful to you: