Reply to comment
There is a way to do this using Application Variables and a Formula User field.
The first thing you need to do is define the number of users that will be participating in the 'round-robin' by creating an Application Variable. For this example let s call the variable [number_of_reps]
See this help text for background on variables and how to create them: https://www.quickbase.com/help/variables.html
Then you need to create a Formula User field in the table that contains the records to be assigned. For this example, label the field 'Auto-Assignee.'
See here for help on adding fields: https://www.quickbase.com/help/adding_a_field.html
See here for help on working with Formulas in QuickBase: https://www.quickbase.com/help/using_formulas_in_quickbase.html
After the Formula User field is created, you will need to edit the properties of that field. In the table bar on any application page, click the table containing the field. Within the menu that appears, select Customize --tablename-- table > Fields. Locate the 'Auto-Assignee' field you created and click its name to edit the properties of the field. The properties will have a Formula Options section. Enter a variant of the formula below.
Mod([Record ID#],ToNumber([number_of_reps])) = 0, ToUser("user_screen_name_or_email"),
Mod([Record ID#],ToNumber([number_of_reps])) = 1, ToUser("user_screen_name_or_email "),
Mod([Record ID#],ToNumber([number_of_reps])) = 2, ToUser("user_screen_name_or_email "))
The following parts of the formula must be personalized with information from your application:
* [number_of_reps] is the Application Variable you created in the first part of this process.
* You will need a line in the formula for each rep if you want to equally distribute the assignments.
* The numbers after the '=' will always start at Zero (0) and ascend to one integer less than the total number of reps in the Application Variable.
* As the number of users particpating in the auto-assignment procedure increases or decreases you will need to adjust the variable number and add or remove lines from your formula field, making sure that the formula remains viable.
* 'user_screen_name_or_email' is the text equivalent of the screen names or email addresses of the users you want to be assignees.
* [Record ID#] refers to the system field in every table that assigns a number to each new record in the table. If you have renamed this field, or if it is [Project ID#] or [Task ID#] then use the appropriate field name.
* You can weight the assignments by giving a user more than one line in the formula.