Reply to comment
Follow these steps to clean up your user accounts.
1) Choose one user name that you will define as the Default user name, or the single account you will retain at the end of this cleanup. (Note: this is less about choosing a 'favorite' user name and is more about choosing the account that has access to the largest number of applications. The key is picking the right user account and that should be entirely based on 1) which account has access to which apps and 2) which account manages which apps. You can always rename your user name later.)
Click the user dropdown on the Global bar, then click My preferences & profile. In the My User Information section, click Manage multiple user accounts. Select one as the Default Account. This will be the user name you will retain after the cleanup.
2) Go into account(s) you want to get rid of by logging in as that user name and doing the following:
• Transfer ownership of apps that the "old" account manages to the Default account. (If applicable.)
• Make the list of applications that the "old" account has access to and contact each of the application owners and ask them to share with the Default account. (If applicable)
(Note: You will need to give the app manager the user name of the Default account so that they will know which account to search for).
• Edit the user profile on the old account and change the email address to firstname.lastname@example.org and clear out the First, Last, and User Name of the user. This is done so that other users won't continue to find the old account when searching for them. (email@example.com is an example of what you can change it to if your email address is firstname.lastname@example.org)
Repeat Step 2 as necessary to eliminate all unwanted accounts. For more information on transferring applications from one account to another, read this help file: http://www.quickbase.com/user-assistance/#transferring_ownership_databas...
3) The default user name will see alerts on the My Apps page which should be accepted to complete the transfers.
4) Once all applications have been transferred to the default user name, the remaining (unwanted) user names can be denied access to the account. Your Billing Account Administrator can do this from the Manage Billing Account page (see https://www.quickbase.com/help/deactivating_a_user_account.html for details).