Our Knowledge Base covers a wide variety of technical topics, from the basic to the complex.
How can I create colored backgrounds, pictures and stoplight graphics in my forms and reports?
You can exploit the HTML function of a Formula Text field to produce background colors and even graphics into forms tables and reports.
Below are a few examples:
1. Create a formula text field and paste the respective html code into the formula section of the formula text field's properties.
FORMULA TEXT FIELD - COLORED STATUS: Case ([Status],"Not Started","<div style=\"background-color:pink;width:50\">Not Started</div>", "In-Progress","<div style=\"background-color:lightyellow;width:50\">In-Progress</div>", "Completed","<div style=\"background-color:honeydew;width:50\">Completed</div>",null)
FORMULA TEXT FIELD - ICON STATUS: Case ([Status],"Not Started","<div><img src=\"https://www.quickbase.com/up/bdcwxur8p/g/rf/ej/va/227-rect_red.png\"></div>", "In-Progress","<div><img src=\"https://www.quickbase.com/up/bdcwxur8p/g/rh/ej/va/229-rect_yellow.png\"></div>", "Completed","<div><img src=\"https://www.quickbase.com/up/bdcwxur8p/g/rg/ej/va/228-rect_green.png\"></div>", null)
2. Select your graphic icons or pictures (suggest small thumbnails) and load them into QuickBase.
3. Copy their URL location and insert them into the html code below for the respective locations for the various status settings.
4. Don't forget to check the "Allow some HTML tags" checkbox.
5. Include the new fields on your reports.
You can find a number of useful graphics that are linkable at: https://www.quickbase.com/db/bcgnn27bx?a=q&qid=7
To learn more, please see our About Row Highlighting (Colorization) help topic.
Helpful Hex to Dec and Dec to Hex color conversion site: http://www.321webmaster.com/hex-to-rgb.php