Our Knowledge Base covers a wide variety of technical topics, from the basic to the complex.
How do I determine the "dfid" of a custom form in my QuickBase application and what can I do with it?
1. Open the table containing the field.
2. Click Settings.
3. Select Forms.
4. Pick the form you're looking for.
5. The URL in the address bar will show the difd near the end of the URL. The dfid of a form can be used to specify which form to use.
- If you have a custom form with a "dfid" of twelve, append &dfid=12 to any QuickBase URL that displays a form for adding, viewing or editing a record to specify the use of that custom form.
- To add a new record to a table whose dbid is 7ksjdfk, using the custom form whose dfid is fifteen, use the following URL: https://youraccountURL.quickbase.com/db/7ksjdfk?a=API_GenAddRecordForm&dfid=15 where youraccountURL is the specific URL you use to sign into QuickBase.