Our Knowledge Base covers a wide variety of technical topics, from the basic to the complex.
How to I revise/edit a document stored in a file attachment field?
The simplest way to update a document stored in a file attachment field is to edit the record containing the document, and click on file link next to the file attachment field's entry box.
If you edit a document and want to ensure that no one updates it while you are editing it:
1) Reserve the document by editing the record and clicking on the "lock" icon next to the file attachment entry box.
2) Download the most recent version of the document to your computer.
3) Edit the document on your computer.
4) Upload the document to the record (see first paragragh)
5) Unreserve the document by editing the record and clicking on the "lock" icon next to the file attachment entry box.
[Note: document reservations are not available to customers on a Small Business plan.]
Browse by Category
Knowledge Base Categories
- Accounts (35)
- Application (46)
- E-Mail (7)
- Fields (42)
- Forms (20)
- Formulas (18)
- General (69)
- Other Product (7)
- Pages (1)
- Product (5)
- Reports (15)
- Roles (4)
- Search (1)
- Tables (6)