Our Knowledge Base covers a wide variety of technical topics, from the basic to the complex.
I added an image file of my logo to the customized header in my application, but my browser displays a security warning on every page. How can I prevent that warning from appearing?
The security message is displayed by your browser when QuickBase attempts to display an image not hosted by QuickBase. To prevent the security message from popping up, you'll have to store the image file within QuickBase.
To do this:
1. From My QuickBase, click "Create Application." Select the Document Library.
2. Click "Add document," and add your image file as a file attachment.
3. Under Share > Manage Users, set "Everyone On the Internet" to "Viewer"
If you do not habe the option of setting "Viewer" to "Everyone on the Internet" please read:
4. Next, you'll want to get the link to the image file itself. Display the record containing the image and click the link to open the image. The URL that displays in your browser's address bar is the address of this image file. Highlight it with the mouse, and do Ctrl-C to copy the link.
5. Now, go back to your original application. Under Customize > Application click Branding and paste that link into the Right or Left Element box.
This should allow the image to appear without causing the security popup to appear.
Browse by Category
Knowledge Base Categories
- Accounts (35)
- Application (45)
- E-Mail (7)
- Fields (41)
- Forms (20)
- Formulas (18)
- General (68)
- Other Product (7)
- Pages (1)
- Product (5)
- Reports (15)
- Roles (4)
- Search (1)
- Tables (6)