Our Knowledge Base covers a wide variety of technical topics, from the basic to the complex.
I want all my account users to be able to create applications. How can I set this up at an account level without having to edit each user's permissions?
A Billing Account Administrator determines which users are able to create applications. You control this ability using the Create Applications checkbox next to each user's name under the Permissions tab. (To learn more, please see our Control a User's Ability to Create Applications help topic.)
If you want to open this capability to all users, you don't need to turn on each and every checkbox. Instead, try a shortcut. Create a group which includes all your users, then give that group the ability to create applications. To do so, first create a group (To learn how, please see our Create a New Group help topic.) and add all your users to it (To learn how, please see our Add a Member to a Group help topic). If you want to include everyone in your company (those who share your domain name, like '@mycompany.com' for example) you can add them all at once. To learn how, please see our Grant Application Access to an Entire Company help topic.
Once you create the group, you'll need to grant it access to create applications:
1. On the My Apps page, click Manage my billing account.
2. Open the Permissions tab.
3. Click Add Group to display the User Picker dialogue box.
4. Select the group from the list on the left and click Add to move it into the box on the right.
5. Click Done and the group appears on your permissions list.
6. Within the Create Applications column, turn on the checkbox next to the group name.
7. Click Save Changes.
TIP: You can also use this method to grant application creation rights to only your application managers. Create a group, add your managers to it, and then turn on the group's 'Create Applications' checkbox on your account's Permissions tab.