Our Knowledge Base covers a wide variety of technical topics, from the basic to the complex.
Why do I get an error when I try to use Exact Forms or QuickBase Desktop?
Some times errors arise when using QuickBase Desktop and QuickBase Exact Forms because there are referenced files needed that are not available in the MS Access or MS Word (depending on what QB tool/feature you're using), or a reference is not properly registered. This includes the error:
"Object library feature not supported"
Check the References that are set and checked in the applicable application:
1. Launch the QuickBase Desktop or Exact Forms file.
2. Press Alt+F11 (to display the MS Visual Basic window).
3. In the new window on the left hand side, select Class Modules > QB Desktop.
4. Then select the Tools menu > References.
Compare the contents of this window to the contents included in the attached relevant screen shot.
If the references are not correct or are not listed in the same order, add any missing references and use the up and down arrow keys to put the checked entries in the correct order. Then exit from the Desktop and try to log in again.
If the references are correct try the following:
1. Deselect Microsoft XML, V3.0.
2. Click OK and exit completely out of QB Desktop.
3. Launch QuickBase Desktop.
4. Press Alt+F11 again and go to Tools -> References.
5. Reselect Microsoft XML, V3.0 back and replace it in the correct order in the list of selected references.
6. Click OK and exit out of QB Desktop.
Go back into QuickBase Desktop and enter your username and password.
The error should be gone.
NOTE: To use Exact Forms or QuickBase Desktop, you must disable tokens for the application.
If this does not fix the issue, please open a support case. From any application, select Help in the upper-right and then click Manage Support Cases.