Our Knowledge Base covers a wide variety of technical topics, from the basic to the complex.
Why do I receive a message saying that the MS Office (.doc, .xls, .ppt) file I'm attempting to open from QuickBase is corrupt?
If you have recently upgraded to Windows 7 and Office 2010, attempting to open QuickBase file attachments saved in earlier versions (97-2003) of Excel, Word, or PowerPoint may produce this error. To fix the problem:
- Open the relevant Office program.
- Click the Microsoft Office Button, then click the Program Options button (Word Options for MS Word, etc.).
- Click Trust Center, then click the Trust Center Settings button.
- Select Protected View. If this option does not appear, your organization's IT policies may not allow changes to these settings.
- Uncheck all the options under Protected View, and click OK to save your changes.
- Restart the program. When you attempt to open the file from QuickBase, it should open without error.
For more information on Protected View, see these resources: